Saturday, January 19, 2008

buffalo wild wings

in case you didnt already know... back in august 06 when hill and i were on the east coast, we stopped by a buffalo wild wings near uva when we visited rich. so then when i was hanging out with kristie a few days later, and we saw another buffalo wild wings, i just had to go and compete in the blazin wings challenge...

when you complete the blazin wings challenge (12 of the hottest wings ive ever had in 6 minutes, no drinking or wiping your face), you get a free tshirt and a picture on the wall. i finished my 12 wings in about 5mins 30 seconds. not an amazing time or anything, but still under the 6 minute time limit, so i should have received a tshirt and my picture should be on the wall.. the milford ct store was out of tshirts so i left my address with the manager and he was supposed to mail me a shirt. they did take my picture.

my shirt never came in the mail. kristie said that when she went back, my picture wasnt there either. and since she was in the picture, it should be easy for her to spot. so im 0/2. this was a crushing blow to my psyche, and i still havent been able to get over it in the past year and a half.

i emailed corporate once, after about a month, to ask about my shirt, but no response. so now after talking to brad and jordan at a las vegas buffalo wild wings ive decided to step up my efforts in getting my shirt. so here is my new email to corporate:

Dear Buffalo Wild Wings,

Allow me to tell you my story..

While passing through Connecticut in August '06, I stopped by the location in Milford, CT. While at this store, I completed the Blazin' Wings Challenge. The manager said they were out of shirts, but I could stop by another day and pick one up. I explained that I was passing through and this was my last day in CT. He told me to leave my address and size and he would mail me a shirt. I have yet to receive this shirt.

This has been very traumatizing because upon completing the challenge, I called everyone I knew that might care even a little bit and I told them about my conquest and the shirt that I was to get. Now whenever one of these friends asks about the shirt, I must hang my head in shame and tell them I never got it.

The manager took my picture, but upon another visit by the guest that accompanied me to the Milford store on that fateful August night, it's evident that my picture didnt even make it on the wall.

I am writing to you because I would like my shirt, size L. I expect it in the mail. I have filled out the form above with my address. I would appreciate a speedy resolution to this situation. I will continue to send you this email on a daily basis until I have received my shirt. If you would like to see the pictures I took at the Milford store, please email me and I will gladly send them to you. Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Vishal Naik

i plan on sending this email to them every day until i get a shirt. wish me luck. if you would like to email them as well and request a shirt for me, that would be super.

1 comment:

kris said...

hahah that's great. i'm glad you finally got it!!